2009-01-09

Someone Like You

Have you ever selected a song because of the lyrics? Have you ever been drawn into a romantic movie because of its memorable quotes? The genre you dislike, the style you always hated, but it captures you the moment you happen to hear or watch.

I watch a lot of movies. Some because of the reports, some by mistakes, and some because I'm willing to pay for. When I was working on one particular report, I came across the movie called "Someone Like You," a 2001 production, starring Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman. It wasn't my type of movie, not quite. I watched it, nonetheless, because I had to.

There was this quote I totally love!

"... Sometimes, you open the barn door, or the bedroom door, or the hospital room door, and you find the real thing. You find a guy that can sit with you when you're at your absolute worst, when your face looks like a punching bag and you're elbow deep in Kleenex, and he can still look at you, and tell you that Ray is not the last man you're ever going to love."

Actually, you need to see the movie to get the context, but just reading through the dialogue is good enough, for now.

Another example for music, though, is called "Something Like You". Again, not my genre, even though it's a so-called boyband-kind of song.

It goes:

"So many times I thought I held it in my hands
but just like grains of sand
love slipped through my fingers

So many nights I asked the Lord above
please make me lucky enough
to find a love that lingers

Something keeps telling me
that you could be my answered prayer
you must be heaven sent, I swear cuz...

Something happens when you look at me I forget to speak
something happens when you kiss my mouth my knees get so weak
could it be true is this what God has meant for me?
cuz baby I can't believe that something like you could happen to me..."

Anything you like in the quote or the lyrics above? If not, sorry. I just feel like sharing this article anyway. Well, I might sound lame 'coz I don't really have time to clarify my thoughts tonight, but I sure will.

Until then, keep finding your favorite flicks or tracks. Well, they don't have to be your favorite ones, but just select something that will entertain you. Life is too short to care too much about things around us. Let it go sometimes, especially when you need some rest. Take a break, so you can get on with your life the next day.

1 comment:

  1. แป้งชอบเพลงนี้มากเลยนะพี่หนอ
    เข้ามาหัวข้อนี้ก็เพราะเห็นชื่อมันคล้ายๆกันเนี่ยแหละ 555
    หนึ่งในเพลงโปรดที่ชอบมากๆ เพราะเนื่อร้องมันโดนแล้วเพลงก็เพราะ~~

    ReplyDelete